Sublime Mashed Potatoes
To boil a potato is to steal away its very essence. And no mashed potato ever served was made better by being waterlogged. It is with these wisdoms in mind that we present to you our most decadent roasted mashed potato, as creamy, fluffy and flavourful as you are likely to taste anywhere. Sublime, as always, sophisticates the whole affair with little to no effort.
Serves 4 | Takes 90 minutes
- 1kg Maris Piper, King Edward, Rooster or Russett potatoes
- 100ml double cream
- 50g Sublime No. 12 Truffle, Parmesan & Black Pepper Butter
- 10g ground nutmeg
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C, 400˚F or Gas Mark 6.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork and place on an oven tray.
- Roast for 60-75 minutes or until a knife slices through easily.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool slightly.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthways and use a spoon to scoop out the flesh into a bowl. If you're feeling dangerous, save the skins and roast them again in some Sublime of your choosing with bacon and cheese. It makes for quite the snack.
- In a saucepan, warm up the cream, nutmeg and butter until finger hot.
- Pour over the potatoes, and use a whisk to mash together (a stand mixer helps enormously here).
- Season generously to taste, and serve by the mountain load.