Sublime Hot Chocolate Fudge Sauce
We adore a quest. For instance, a quest to unearth the most wondrous dark chocolate. And once we have become fixated on finding such a thing, we are unlikely to stop until we do...
In this case, we did stop. In Columbia. There we discovered an 88% cocoa dark chocolate that jettisoned us to another place and time. So, we'd recommend using something like it here.
Maybe you could go on a quest of your own.With such high a high proportion of cocoa solids, you'll need to use more sugar to balance the affair. We would heartily dissuade you from using double cream alternatives, by the way. These can contain vegetable oils, which will compromise your hard-won flavours. Naturally, said flavours are gently nudged into the spotlight by Sublime No. 1.
Serves 4 (or 1 for a private moment you'll never speak of again) | Takes 5 minutes
- 125g good quality dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa solids)
- 150ml fresh double cream
- 40g Sublime No. 1 Pink Himalayan Salt Butter
- 45g dark muscovado sugar
- In a heavy-based saucepan, warm the cream and sugar together until just below simmering. Like a muse in the night, this must be stirred constantly
- Add the chocolate in small pieces and whisk together, letting the heat increase gradually so the sauce thickens over two or three minutes
- Remove from the heat, add the Sublime No. 1 Pink Himalayan Salt Butter and whisk together to achieve a thick, glossy fudge sauce. Pour this ungracefully over creamy vanilla ice cream, or question who, what and why you are by eating it straight out of the pan with the whisk