Sublime Breakfast Beans
Wrenching yourself from bed on a Sunday. Devising a zinger that might have won an argument in 1997. Checking the fridge to establish whether anything better has materialised since last time. These are all things one might ostensibly do in a 15 minute window. How about you try this instead?
These breakfast beans — which are low in sugar and salt, FYI — put tinned beans to shame, for a Full English that stands head and shoulders above the rest.
15 minutes. Ready? Go!
Serves 4 | Takes 15 minutes
- 50g Sublime No. 14 Smoked Barbecue Butter
- 400g tin of cannellini beans
- 400g tin of butter beans
- 400g tin cherry tomatoes
- 100ml water
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 15g tomato paste
- 30ml Worcestershire sauce
- 20g dark muscovado sugar
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Drain and rinse the beans well in cold water
- In a saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and sweat the onions for three minutes with the tomato paste
- Add the sugar, stir for a few seconds then add the beans, tomatoes and Worcestershire sauce
- Add the water, stir well and simmer for ten minutes to thicken, stirring occasionally
- Season with salt and pepper