Sublime Breakfast Mushrooms
For those whose sautéed mushrooms are a last-minute bolt-on: we cordially invite you to this life-changing recipe. From side dish to showstopper. All it takes is a little Sublime.
Serves 4 | Takes around 20 minutes
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 2 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1 banana shallot, diced
- 15ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5g ground nutmeg
- 40g Sublime No. 12 Truffle, Parmesan & Black Pepper Butter
- 25ml double cream
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Rapeseed oil
- Sauté the mushrooms, garlic and shallots together in rapeseed oil in a saucepan over medium heat. The key to tender, flavourful mushrooms is to extract and evaporate as much of the moisture as possible without burning them.
- Once the mushrooms are a lovely golden colour, add the Worcestershire sauce and nutmeg, stir briefly to coat and then remove from the heat.
- Immediately add the Sublime No. 12 Truffle, Parmesan & Black Pepper Butter and stir in to melt.
- Add the double cream, stir together to bind, and check for seasoning.
- Serve straight from the pan onto a crisp wedge of toast, or as a surprising, delightful addition to a cooked breakfast.